OPERATING CASH DRAWERS BY DEPARTMENT
This feature gives you the ability to default Cash Drawers by department. If an Administrator is assigned to a department, the cash drawer will default to that department at the point of sale screen.
Steps to operate Cash Drawers by Department
- Add Administrator
- Quick Functions -> Add User
- Drop User Type down to select Administrator
- Select Group
- Enter First Name and Last Name
- Select Security Template (Tennis Dept)
- Select Department (Tennis Dept) - To add new departments, select <Add New> and enter the department name into the pop up window and Save
**If Administrator is already Shape, simply edit the Administrator record and select the appropriate department.
- Quick Functions -> User
- Select ‘Administrator’ from the User Type drop down
- Enter Administrator’s last name and Search
- Click the ‘Details’ link in the Actions column
- Click the Edit icon
- Select the appropriate Department and Save
- Assign Cash Drawers and set the defaults for each department
- Functions -> Point of Sale
- Cash Drawers
- Click 'Select' button next to View Cash Drawers
- In the Action column, click the 'Edit' link
- In the 'New Description' field, enter the name of the Cash Drawer (ordinarily, this should match the department name)
- Select the appropriate Department from the drop down list for the Department field
- Enable the box 'Set as default POS Cash Drawer for this department.
When the Administrator takes a payment at POS, the Cash Drawer will default to the department they were assigned on their Administrator record.
**Note - If no department is assigned under the Administrator record, no Cash Drawer will default. You can still allow a general Cash Drawer default for Administrators not assigned to departments (ex., Managers)