One of the many added benefits to using Shapenet to manage your club, is the ability to: Find, Manage and Control memberships both individually and when a part of a larger group. The following will explain & demonstrate the process on How to create Group Memberships.
1. Add a Membership type with a Subtype = Primary (consider pricing this membership for two or more memberships)
Example: 12 Month Family ; $1200
2. Add a Membership type with a Subtype = Secondary (consider pricing this membership at zero, coordinate with the Primary created above. Also consider calling this membership an add on).
Example: 12 Month Family Add-on ; $0
3. Purchase Membership for Primary, OVERRIDE all fees to include the amounts from additional Add-Ons.
4. Purchase Membership(s) for each additional group member, OVERRIDE all fees to 0, during the purchase process you'll be asked to select the Primary Membership. You will need to select the correct Primary from the drop down list provided.
*The above example has the Primary financially responsible for both the Primary and Secondary memberships. This is due to overriding the memberships value. When building the secondary membership, if you choose to allow for each person to pay separately for their membership, you can enter the appropriate cost when creating the secondary membership and bypass the override for the cost during the checkout process.
Tertiary memberships - Third level memberships, this provides the ability to manage 2 relationships within a membership group. For example, consider a Company that either pays for or provides discounted memberships to their employees. This would be a Primary/Secondary relationship - regardless of which is paying. If an employee wants to purchase a membership for their family, the family members would own Tertiary memberships that are linked to the secondary - employee, and primary - employer. Again the option remains for the Secondary (employee) to pay, or for the individual Tertiaries
Primary = Parents place of employment
Secondary = Parent (Employee)
Tertiary = Parents Family Member
Add-on Purchased After Parent Membership
1. Purchase Membership(s) for Secondary or Tertiary after the 1st is purchased, normal purchase process, but adjust initialization fee and period fee as appropriate. You will be prompted to assign the upper level memberships to link to.
2. View Memberships, look up the financially responsible memberships
3. from the Actions column, select the on Adjust functionality.
4. Enter the new total period amount for the memberships being paid for.