How to set up your ShapeNet system to send SMS text messages.
1. First, make sure your Member can receive text messages:
Quick Functions -> View Members
Click the Details link in the Actions column next to the Member name
In the 'Contact' area, the following fields should be set:
- cell phone
- cell provider
- Enable SMS Alerts: to YES
2. Next, set the 'Reply To' field in System Settings:
Tools -> System Settings -> Email/Text Settings
The 'Reply To' field MUST be an email address. DO NOT ENTER A PHONE NUMBER. You can either enter your email address or enter the 'Do Not Reply' email address.
- Set the Reply To Address(From SMS): to "donotreply@mail.YOURSHAPEURL.cshape.net"
- Set the Reply To Address(From SMS): to "youremailaddress@yourISP.com"
3. Sending Text messages (as long as #1 is done, there will be a link for Send SMS in the following areas:
- Find User
- View Member
You can send text messages individually or by Mass Text using the icon on the upper right of the search results.
4. Functions -> Marketing -> SMS -> View/Add SMS Templates
- Activate any system defined SMS templates or add new templates
5. Tools -> System Settings -> Scheduled Appointment Settings
- Daily Appointment Reminders ‑ SMS ‑ Time of day to send:
- Daily Appointment Reminders ‑ SMS ‑ Summarize appointments for:
- Member Online Registration ‑ Notify trainer by SMS:
- Scheduled Appointment Admin Action ‑ SMS notify member of adds and drops:
- Scheduled Appointment Admin Action ‑ SMS notify member of processing actions:
- Scheduled Appointment Admin Action ‑ SMS notify trainer of adds and drops:
- Scheduled Appointment Admin Action ‑ SMS notify trainer of processing actions: