How to reconcile payments or discrepancies with monthly batch numbers for EFT processing
Who is included when running an EFT batch:
1. Members having services or memberships with a scheduled payment within the date parameters set at batch time.
2. Members having their billing Preference set to Primary CC or Bank Account. Find User>>Details>>Billing or View Members>>Edit Billing - both will show EFT preference. Or you can do a custom query on View Memberships and set the EFT payment preference.
3. Members having valid billing information entered per their EFT Preference. Find User>>Details>>Billing or View Members>>Edit Billing, make sure that the account information is valid (good expiration data, 9 digit routing number for US banks)
Places errors can occur:
1. A Monthly membership TYPE being set to Paid in Full, or another unexpected value.
2. A EFT preference being set to Exclude, Insurance, or not matching the billing information.
3. Scheduled Payment dates set outside of expected parameters (we bill the 17th so our batch is run for the 17th, but the scheduled payments are on different dates).
Where to look:
View Memberships - custom queries
Payment method = Exclude (run again on Insurance)
Payment frequency = run 1st on monthly, and then on monthly (no term)
Generally there should not be any results.
Validating EFT information:
Enter the dates of the batch – it will show anyone with the EFT preference set but bad billing inf.
Reports, Misc, Expiring Ccs – shows expired and expiring credit card numbers.