- All credit card swipe readers must be USB and are plug and play and should not require any additional set up.
- Plug the CC swiper into the USB port and perform a quick test
- Open Notepad
- Swipe Any credit Card into notepad
- If configured and working properly the Credit Card Information will appear on one line and the cursor will be on the second line
- For Example:
If you get any other results than above the CC Swipe Reader will need to be configured.
- Obtain the make/model/manufacturer of the credit card swipe reader
For a MAGTEK USB Credit Card Swipe Reader
- Download and install the USB Swipe and Insert Reader Demo at : http://www.magtek.com/support/software/demo_programs/usb_swipe_insert.asp
- After Installed - click start go to all programs -- MagTek and open USBMSR demo
- Make sure the cc swipe reader is plugged into computer
- On the bottom of the program - it will read "Detected HID mode device"
- Click on File - Open - select "Change to Keyboard.txt" on the third line
- This will bring you back to the main screen and you see text in the load file line ending in “change to Keyboard.txt”.
- Click on downl oad on the right of that line. In a few seconds, you will see text in the dialog box and then the bottom of
- the program will say detected KB mode device.
- Perform Quick Test Again in Notepad
For a IDTECH USB Credit Card Swipe Reader
- Go to IDTECH's website www.idtechproducts.com
- Download and Install the MagSwipe Configuration Utility
- Connect the Credit Card Swipe Reader to the computer
- Click Start -- All Programs -- MagSwipe Configuration Utility
- Click "Selected Reader Interface" - check off USB and hit Continue
- Click on Change Basic Reader Settings
- Click the Track Settings Tab
- Remove the "\cr" from the Track Separator option window
- Click "Send to MSR" button
- Click OK to the window that pops up "The configuration settings have been written to MagSwipe device successfully"
- Perform Quick Test again in Notepad
If you still are not able to swipe a credit card through ShapeNet please open a support ticket!!