Functions-> EFT-> Create a Batch
**Recommendation: Run and work your Validation report a day or two ahead of time by going to: Functions-> EFT-> Validate. This report will help expedite the processing of credit card and echeck payments. It will report back clients without an EFT payment method selected, expired credit cards, and other issues. Also, consider reviewing your Expiring Credit Card Report from Reports-> Misc./Stat.-> Credit Card Expire Report.
Create a Batch
- Set SchedPay Date to those payment dates to be captured. This will default to between (btwn), but often clients set this to [=] and enter the payment due date.
- You can batch by a between option, allowing the ability to batch between two values. They can be full last names, a letter, or several letters.
- Items per page: if you have a large database of clients, and often have many members to be excluded, consider using 50, otherwise, leaving it at 100 should be fine.
- User Status: this defaults to Active, but All, Frozen and Inactive are other status options.
- Billing Type: you can focus on Services or Memberships - or both
- Payment Method: you may combine, or run eChecks and Credit Cards separately (recommend separetly).
- Click [Search]
- Review the Batch: in the first column, under Actions, if you see a red bar, this client's payment setup should be reviewed.
- Through the center columns-> Cycle Rate, Open Balance, and Charge Amount. If there are highlighting in any of these fields you may want to review the client's payment schedule. It is indicating that the numbers don't match up for a single months payment; often there is a logically reason for this, the system is only bringing it to your attention.
- If there is a red bar for a client, and it cannot be resolved, you'll need to omit it from the batch. If you decide you don't want to bill anyone else for another reason, they too should be omitted from the batch. To do this, from Actions, click [Edit]; remove the check mark from the [Include] column, click [Save].
- After omitting any clients from your batch in the step above, click [Process EFT] at the top of the batch.
- Six Actions options will now be visible: View, download, modify, import fails, finalize, and cancel.
- Click [Download]
- Save the file (Do Not Open) to a known and easily accessed location.
- Log-in to your gateway account
- Upload batch to your gateway
- Once the batch has been uploaded from your computer to the gateway, you can now delete the batch file from your computer.
- Go to: Functions-> EFT-> View Batches
- Under the Actions column, click [Modify]
- For any failed transaction provided by your gateway, remove the check mark under [Include]
- Repeat the previous step for each page; at the end of each page, click [Save Changes on THIS Page] BEFORE moving on to the next page.
- When complete, click [End Modify]
- Next, click [Finalize] **Be sure that all failures have been removed before doing this step**